This week Apple has approved a major update of the woices application for the iPhone and (for the first time) also for the iPod touch.
Besides some small changes and minor fixes, the major new features that this new version include are:
1. Sponsored guides (infospots) now have a more prominent appearance in the application and when users enter into one of them, a custom, branded mini-application is launched, exclusively for the sponsored guide, giving them more personality and stronger presence. Inside the sponsored guide application the user can see all its information, walks and listen to all their echoes. Finally users can quit the sponsored guide application and go back to the main woices application.
2. Users can follow sponsored guides walks, and navigate through all it echoes by taping on the lateral arrows to advance or go back.
3. The echo page has been redesigned giving more space for its photo and embedding the audio player at the bottom.
4. A new GPS notification area showing your current detected location has been added to the explore list page. Feedback = usability!
5. The application now is also compatible with the iPod touch. A request that was made by several organisations (most of the museum) since they'd love to have a stack of them with woices already loaded and lend them to those visitors who do not have a mobile phone.
A video showing how of does the new sponsored guide application look like has been also been created.